Webinar & Events
Communications Cloud Pricing
Cision Insights Consultation
REQUEST A DEMO
REQUEST A DEMO
Strategic Account Director
APPLY FOR THIS JOB
Montreal, Quebec, Canada Account Management Full-time
This job is responsible to assume a lead role in supporting and driving revenue growth in assigned accounts while driving the Sales strategy, managing effective partnerships with client decision makers and attaining exceptional client satisfaction. This job keeps abreast of market trends, collaborates with key internal stakeholders to plan, drive, execute and report on sales activities, successfully achieve projected sales targets while positioning long term growth within the competitive marketplace. This job manages accounts of a large to enterprise market value or government accounts.
1. Develops, fosters and sustains high-level relationships to serve as a trusted consultant with clients’ C-Suite executives, leaders and stakeholders to understand clients’ customers brand, competition and challenges, and anticipate changing business priorities to optimize and drive account growth.
2. Leads by example within the department and more junior sales roles.
3. Develops market profile by representing the company at industry events.
4. Grows the portfolio through proactive new business development and right-selling of appropriate service/products to clients.
5. Collaborates with internal stakeholder teams to analyze, mitigate and resolve clients’ business and service challenges.
6. Executes all phases of the sales process including client presentations, proposals, contract negotiations, and final close.
7. Monitors and tracks the efficient administrative processing of client account management inclusive of but not limited to; partnering with internal support teams crafting and negotiating agreements / service level agreements and renewals and preparing overage reports.
8. Orchestrates the ongoing monitoring and reporting of clients’ sales performance analytics in alignment to projected sales growth.
9. Understands Cision’s evolving product and technology developments and proactively monitors industry trends and best practices to enhance overall service delivery and client experience.
10. Liaises with industry associations and actively networks for new business opportunities.
11. Manage day-to-day sales development operations.
12. Performs other duties as required.
· Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) in business or communications or a related field is required.
· Minimum of 7 – 10 years of experience in sales account management across multidiscipline industries is required. Expertise within a global newswire/media distribution is a strong asset.
· In-depth knowledge and proven track record of success with SaaS sales and/or cloud methodology is required.
· In-depth exposure and success attaining sales targets and building the sales pipeline.
· In-depth expertise with Salesforce or similar CRM software coupled with reporting capabilities.
· In-depth knowledge of MS Office Suite is preferred, including Word, Excel and PowerPoint. Working knowledge of web conferencing tools like Zoom.
· Advanced and demonstrated ability to build relationships, persuade and influence clients’ C-Suite executives, leaders and stakeholders and/ or government officials.
· Advanced analytical skills and creative problem-solving skills, including negotiation and conflict resolution.
· Advanced time management, attention to detail and organizational skills. Adaptable and flexible with an ability to respond to changing work priorities, pressure and demands.
· Advanced listening and verbal communication skills, interpersonal skills, a consensus and relationship builder with a collaborative leadership style.
· Stays abreast of the latest sales methodologies, tools, best practices and processes in the industry / marketplace.
· Ability to work independently and as a member of a team.
· Fluency in English & French, written and oral is an asset.
Cision is committed to building an environment where all employees are set up to thrive and reach their full potential. We believe diversity, equity and inclusion is vital to driving our culture, sparking innovation and achieving long-term success. Cision is proud to have joined more than 600 companies in signing the
CEO Action for Diversity & Inclusion™ pledge
, the largest CEO-driven business commitment to advance diversity and inclusion within the workplace.
Cision is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, seeking to create a welcoming and diverse environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or other protected statuses.
Please review our
Global Candidate Data Privacy Statement
to learn about Cision’s commitment to protecting personal data collected during the hiring process.
APPLY FOR THIS JOB