Webinar & Events
Communications Cloud Pricing
Cision Insights Consultation
REQUEST A DEMO
REQUEST A DEMO
Software Engineer (C&D)
APPLY FOR THIS JOB
Chicago, Illinois, USA Engineering Full-time
Cision Ltd is a leading global provider of innovative earned media software and services to public relations and marketing communications professionals. Cision’s Communications Cloud platform allows users to identify key influencers, craft and distribute strategic content, and measure meaningful impact of PR and Communications Teams’ campaigns. Cision has over 4,500 employees with offices in 23 countries throughout the Americas, EMEA, and APAC. For more information about our products and services, visit
and follow us on Twitter @Cision.
Cision employs the brightest, most passionate people in the tech industry. We’d love for you to join that group! We invest in our people through training and professional development and we empower them to grow their careers - because the most important measure of our success is yours.
The Software Engineer for the Content and Data team is
responsible to provide expertise with the design, development, testing, deployment, maintenance and operation of software to meet the business requirements and support internal and external clients achieve their performance objectives.
You will help us by:
Contributing to team efforts to develop new systems, upgrades and updates to existing systems inclusive of requirements analysis, system design, implementation, testing and deployment. Executing project work plans and revises as appropriate to meet changing business needs and/or requirements.
Analyzing large, complex systems to determine performance bottlenecks, missing functionality, application bugs and capturing requirements in stories to improve overall efficiencies.
Promoting a collaborative environment and adhering to established code system protocols, procedures and best practices to ensure the quality and integrity of code passes white board design review sessions.
Facilitating activities that ensure the successful utilization of systems including developing documentation and test scripts.
Keeping up to date on relevant / upcoming technologies and methodologies towards continuous improvement of software design and procedures.
You will be a great fit if you have the following:
· Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent experience) in Computer Science, Programming, or similar field.
· Minimum two years of professional experience developing commercial software.
· Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
· Strong aptitude for writing well designed, testable and efficient code.
· Strong verbal and written communication skills.
· Experience in object-oriented analysis and design.
· Experience working with multiple languages and platforms.
· Experience with QA & Testing, including unit tests, TDD methods, and automated testing.
· Experience with continuous integration and build automation.
· Working knowledge of Agile/Scrum methodology, tools, and techniques.
· Understanding of modern software architecture and methodologies.
· Thrive in a fast-paced environment: learn rapidly and master diverse technologies and techniques.
· Ability to work independently and as a member of a team.
You will be a great fit if you also have:
· Professional Experience with Java.
· Familiar with Python, Groovy/Grails, Kubernetes, Docker, and Jenkins or similar build automation system.
· Familiar with AWS, Elasticsearch, and one or more relational databases (MySQL, Postgres, SQL Server).
· Some knowledge of service-oriented architecture, big data systems, and distributed computing.
· Comfortable in both Windows and Unix/Linux operating systems.
APPLY FOR THIS JOB