Cision employs the brightest, most passionate people in the tech industry. We’d love for you to join our growing team! We invest in our people through training and professional development while supporting you along the way—all so you can meet your career goals. To us, the most important measure of our success is yours.
We are looking for a Senior Site Reliability Engineer who can work independently while providing mentorship and guidance to colleagues across multiple areas of technology.
You will be responsible for the reliability, scalability, security and performance of critical production services across multiple technical disciplines from design to implementation.
Reporting to the SRE Manager, you will be part of a team supporting 24x7 uptime of mission critical services and infrastructure.
What are we looking for?
- A Sr. SRE will have all the skills, knowledge, and dimension progression of a SRE and will be contributing at a higher level.
- Respected as a technical leader, provides mentorship to many others across team boundaries.
- A Sr. SRE can work independently while providing mentorship and guidance to the company in multiple areas of technology.
- Sets the bar in all forms of communication and collaboration.
- Contribute significant software architecture, strategy, design and code to the current (or future) version (or multiple concurrently developed versions) of a component, subsystem, system, application, or underlying technologies.
- Evaluates new technologies and software products to determine feasibility and desirability of incorporating their capabilities within the company's software systems and applications.
Essential Skills and Experience
- Typically, 5 to 10 years of experience as an SRE, DevOps or Software Engineer.
- Expert knowledge of Kubernetes at scale and containerization technologies in general.
- Expert with IaC tools such as Ansible and Terraform.
- Good programming ability in an OOP language and ability to write scripts.
- Expert and up to date knowledge of security best practices across all disciplines.
- Expert with AWS and/or GCP.
- Expert with metrics/monitoring and alerting using Prometheus, Grafana or similar.
- Strong knowledge of networking fundamentals.
- Commitment to standardisation and documentation.
- Strong Linux experience.
- Software delivery automation, CI/CD & SDLC.
- Static and Dynamic Application Security Testing.
- Knowledge of SRE principles (SLI, SLO, SLA, Toil, Uptime, Observability)
As a global leader in PR, marketing and social media management technology and intelligence, Cision helps brands and organizations to identify, connect and engage with customers and stakeholders to drive business results. PR Newswire, a network of over 1.1 billion influencers, in-depth monitoring, analytics and its Brandwatch and Falcon.io social media platforms headline a premier suite of solutions. Cision has offices in 24 countries throughout the Americas, EMEA and APAC. For more information about Cision's award-winning solutions, including its next-gen Cision Communications Cloud®, visit www.cision.com and follow @Cision on Twitter.
Cision is committed to fostering an inclusive environment where all employees can be their authentic selves and perform at their best. We believe diversity, equity, and inclusion is vital to driving our culture, sparking innovation and achieving long-term success. Cision is proud to have joined more than 600 companies in signing the CEO Action for Diversity & Inclusion™ pledge and named a “Top Diversity Employer” for 2021 by DiversityJobs.com.
Cision is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, seeking to create a welcoming and diverse environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or other protected statuses.
Please review our Global Candidate Data Privacy Statement to learn about Cision’s commitment to protecting personal data collected during the hiring process.