Webinar & Events
Communications Cloud Pricing
Cision Insights Consultation
REQUEST A DEMO
REQUEST A DEMO
Senior Director, Measurement
APPLY FOR THIS JOB
Remote - USA Insights Full-time
Cision employs the brightest, most passionate people in the tech industry. We’d love for you to join our growing team! We invest in our people through training and professional development while supporting you along the way—all so you can meet your career goals. To us, the most important measure of our success is yours.
The Senior Director, Measurement is a cross-functional leadership role working with the Product team, Insights team, clients, and industry stakeholders. This role will focus on the standardization of qualitative and quantitative data to help set the strategic direction of measurement for the company.
Cision is the largest media and social media monitoring company in the world. We are deeply committed to making significant strides towards standardizing our measurement approach. And in you leading this, you will have the opportunity to positively impact millions of our customers.
We are embarking on a cross-functional, long-term project to develop our approach to measurement of everything that we touch—media, social media, reviews, podcasts, influencers, and journalists.
This role is a key measurement expert/resource for our customers who have their existing (sometimes incomplete) frameworks, our internal analyst teams, the broader industry, industry stakeholders (e.g., AMEC), and internal product teams.
What you will be doing:
· Partner with the Chief Growth Officer, and senior Product and Insights leadership to help set the strategic direction for measurement within the company
· Collaborate on developing a plan to deliver the measurement strategy
· Take a lead role in preparing leadership and company-wide presentations on our measurement strategy
· Liaise and build collaboration with Industry bodies and thought leaders outside of the organization
· Be the subject matter expert on measurement within Cision and in front of strategic customers and customer events
· The Director will be primarily responsible for working with others throughout the organization (a cross-functional measurement team) in development of the plan to deliver the company’s measurement strategy.
· These plans will include resources, risks, dependencies, and timelines.
· Partner with customer-facing stakeholders and customer marketers to take our customers on this journey with us, ensuring world-class communication with our customers throughout
· Prepare and deliver presentations to Senior Management teams
What we're looking for:
You will have these kinds of attributes
1. A great collaborator - to have the impact we want, you will need to work with many different stakeholders and be able to deal with different opinions, facilitate healthy debate whilst having a point of view and helping move towards conclusions and progress. This is not a role for a dogmatist
2. A love of learning - you will be working with big often incomplete data, a fast-moving environment (how do you measure a TikTok post?), emerging data science models, the challenge of how to put complex models into production and customers at different stages of their measurement maturity. There will be lots to learn
3. An analytical mind - in the end this is a measurement challenge. We need someone who is analytical and has some excellent experience in building measurement models
What experience you will need
This is not a role for someone at their first rodeo. We are thinking big, and we want someone who has the experience and skills to hit the ground running. We think you’ll know who you are. If you are reading this and think ‘that’s exactly the role I’ve been looking for’ then this could very well be for you. If you’re not 100% sure, it probably isn’t as this is not going to be an easy role to nail. On the contrary, you are likely to have periods of frustration and there will be times when you don’t know if you’re making progress. This may sound off-putting, but it’s part of the creative journey. You will recognize this and embrace it.
· 10-15 years of experience in measurement, data science, or a similar role
· A bachelor’s degree in a quantitative subject, such as mathematics (master’s degree preferred)
· Experience with data science techniques and tools (python, R, dataiku)
· Experience working across multiple functions of an organization
· A great collaborator to manage multiple stakeholder relationships and balance differing opinions
· A passion for learning
· An analytical mindset and experience in building measurement models
As a global leader in PR, marketing and social media management technology and intelligence, Cision helps brands and organizations to identify, connect and engage with customers and stakeholders to drive business results.
, a network of over 1.1 billion influencers, in-depth monitoring, analytics and its
social media platforms headline a premier suite of solutions. Cision has offices in 24 countries throughout the Americas, EMEA and APAC. For more information about Cision's award-winning solutions, including its next-gen Cision Communications Cloud®, visit
and follow @Cision on Twitter.
Cision is committed to fostering an inclusive environment where all employees can be their authentic selves and perform at their best. We believe diversity, equity, and inclusion is vital to driving our culture, sparking innovation and achieving long-term success. Cision is proud to have joined more than 600 companies in signing the
CEO Action for Diversity & Inclusion™ pledge
and named a “Top Diversity Employer” for 2021 by
Cision is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, seeking to create a welcoming and diverse environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or other protected statuses.
Please review our
Global Candidate Data Privacy Statement
to learn about Cision’s commitment to protecting personal data collected during the hiring process.
APPLY FOR THIS JOB