Cision employs the brightest, most passionate people in the tech industry. We’d love for you to join our growing team! We invest in our people through training and professional development while supporting you along the way—all so you can meet your career goals. To us, the most important measure of our success is yours.
Job Title: Sales Intern (June 2023)
Office Location: Hybrid/Albuquerque, NM
Term: Summer (June), 40 Hours/week, 9 weeks
Compensation Status: Paid ($17/Hr)
This position will work directly with Cision’s Sales teams. This position is focused on customer outreach to targeted lists for specific campaigns, assisting Account Executives with account research and meeting preparation, and general data entry and tasks in the Salesforce database. The position will provide a rewarding perspective into our business’s daily operations and strategic initiatives all with a focus on improving the customer experience and customer retention. Additionally, interns will have the opportunity to learn about our product suite and gain professional experience working in a SaaS company.
Gain first-hand experience in a professional setting.
Receive first-hand training on a best-in-class SaaS communications tools and increase knowledge of news distribution processes.
Gain experience speaking directly with customers via phone and email.
Understand how various types of companies differ in their communications approach and needs (Agencies, Public Companies, Private Companies, and Public Interest Organizations).
Gain understanding of sales strategies and techniques.
Understand various communication tools often used by industry professionals.
- Research Clients in our CRM system for Sales Teams
- Create reports leveraging internal data sources, complete customer analyses, and develop customer presentations.
- Manage ad-hoc and daily key account requests.
- Collaborate closely with the sales leadership team.
- Build phone experience through account outreach to targeted customer lists.
- Other tasks that are related to helping the business
- Well-organized, team player with a drive to learn and a passion for PR, journalism, sales, and marketing.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office applications
- Pursuit of a Business, PR, Marketing, Comms or related degree
- Available 40 hours per week.
- Anticipated Graduation date December 2023 - May 2024
- State-of-the-art office /Remote work
- Casual work environment
- Professional training
- Complimentary downtown covered parking and on-site gym access
- Strong focus on culture, including dedicated employee resource groups.
As a global leader in PR, marketing and social media management technology and intelligence, Cision helps brands and organizations to identify, connect and engage with customers and stakeholders to drive business results. PR Newswire, a network of over 1.1 billion influencers, in-depth monitoring, analytics and its Brandwatch and Falcon.io social media platforms headline a premier suite of solutions. Cision has offices in 24 countries throughout the Americas, EMEA and APAC. For more information about Cision's award-winning solutions, including its next-gen Cision Communications Cloud®, visit www.cision.com and follow @Cision on Twitter.
Cision is committed to fostering an inclusive environment where all employees can be their authentic selves and perform at their best. We believe diversity, equity, and inclusion is vital to driving our culture, sparking innovation and achieving long-term success. Cision is proud to have joined more than 600 companies in signing the CEO Action for Diversity & Inclusion™ pledgeand named a “Top Diversity Employer” for 2021 by DiversityJobs.com.
Cision is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, seeking to create a welcoming and diverse environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or other protected statuses.
Please review our Global Candidate Data Privacy Statement to learn about Cision’s commitment to protecting personal data collected during the hiring process.