Throughout 2013, the Rob Ford crisis overwhelmed both the Canadian and international media. Although it all began in Toronto, the news spread rapidly beyond Canadian borders. Journalists and bloggers across North America have discussed, analyzed and tweeted about the story since it began. We captured the key moments and partnered with Edelman Canada to identify the 4 stages of a crisis.
- Number of social media impressions – over 3 Billion!
- Celebrity tweets
- A month-by-month timeline of the crisis
- The 4 Stages of a Crisis – as outlined by Edelman Canada
- Key news personalities
- Media channels that were at the forefront of the coverage
- US late-night talk show mentions